Monday, December 29, 2014

Village greetings

I have been living in my lil' village for one week (its name literally means "The Other Farm"). 

Currently I'm getting used to the surroundings, cleaning my house, figuring out my garden layout, learning everybody's names, going to church services and surviving the holiday season. I feel fine being a bit isolated, but of course, it is unusual to celebrate New Year without snow, cold and champagne (no worries, I'm already figuring out some alternatives).

Here are some more photos for your amusement:

 Dancing party during my official greeting to the village chiefs and other local officials. I sang "Silent Night", and the MC recorded it! Then he blasted my voice through enormous speakers, and my song was heard through the entire village. What can I say - the music industry follows me around.

 A holiday service at a Catholic church. The village has 4 churhces: Catholic, Methodist, 7th Day Adventist and Divine Faith. Churches and mosques in Ghana are pillars of communities where you can make friends, help with projects and learn a couple of songs.

 Snowflake workshop on my verandah. We bring snow to Africa!

 The party continues. Azonto dance is very popular all over Ghana.

The road to my village.

No comments:

Post a Comment