Saturday, November 8, 2014

Photo Post!

Ok, while I still have Interweb, I'm posting some pics from the first month in Ghana - hopefully they will be visible!


PC Ghana office sign in Accra. We went there to get numerous shots, get medical kits and paperwork for bank accounts, IDs, visas etc.

Sleepy drivers. Accra traffic can be brutal (or boring).

My home-stay Ghanaian mom, Madame Adweua! She named me Akuia Adwekuma (which means "born on Wednesday and named in honor of Adweua).


Sunset in our little village of Anyinasin. It gets dark here very early, at around 6pm (equator, baby!). After numerous hours of language and technical training (as well as a quick pint at a local spot), I go home, eat dinner, chat, do homework and go to bed at around 8pm.



Delicious lunch! Fish, joloff rice, salad, fruit and water.

Courtyard of my home-stay family compound. This door is for the bath-room (where I take my bucket bath).


My room.

Coconut water from its original source! Note a band-aid on my arm (from a shot).

Village street.

Local youth.


No comments:

Post a Comment